Flyers' van Riemsdyk fined $5,000 for high-sticking
- Blues reach first Cup Final since 1970
- Bruins, Blues meet in 1970 Cup rematch
- Canada beats US to close worlds prelims
- Bruins scrimmage to prep for Cup Finals
- Canes' Martinook, de Haan have surgeries
The NHL's Department of Player Safety announced the fine on Friday. Van Riemsdyk was docked the maximum amount under the league's collective bargaining agreement.
The high-sticking occurred just over one minute into the first period of Thursday night's game. Van Riemsdyk was not penalized.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated February 8, 2019