Houston's Verlander has no-hitter broken up in 7th
- 11th suspect arrested in Ortiz case
- Kepler lifts Twins over Red Sox in 17th
- Scherzer breaks nose during bunt drill
- Encarnacion homers, Yanks top Rays again
- Jimenez HR in 9th gets White Sox by Cubs
Verlander needed just 11 pitches to strike out the side in the third inning and fanned two in the fourth. He struck out one in the fifth and one more in the sixth after a long layoff after the Astros sent eight hitters to the plate in the bottom of the fifth.
Yoan Moncada struck out to start the seventh before Abreu sent the first pitch of his at-bat over the wall in straightaway center field for Chicago's first hit.
Houston leads 5-1.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 21, 2019